2016/17 Kaisercraft Design Team Application

by - 4/25/2016 11:45:00 AM





Hi! Today I have something special, really exciting and totally different to show you - my application project for Kaisercraft Design Team. I was one of those lucky crafters who were asked to show their best creativity in the second round of 2016/17 design team call. For me the honor of being asked to join the final is a huge victory, and receiving goodie pack from Kaisercraft was a great reason for happy dancing. Sadly the dance didn't make into the video below, hah!
Doing a layout as a job application is hard. Need to give the best of you, but still try not to do too much. I keep telling myself, all I can do is my best and create my projects with my heart open and with a smile on my face. I did that, and future tells me if it was good enough. At least I had tons of fun so big thank you for Kaisercraft for giving me the opportunity.
I received Boho Dreams collection together with some stencils and mists, and as the collection was filled with peach, teal green, blue with a touch of brown I decided to make a layout highlighting the colors. To get the colors really pop out, it was important to choose picture either with the same color scheme or in black and white, as black and white goes with everything. But as for me scrapbooking is as much memory keeping as it is way to create art, I chose this cute picture of my puppy because it made the creation process even more fun and important.
Next I will show you step-by-step how I created the layout. There is also process video in the end of this post, so be sure to scroll down slowly to see that and the list of all delicious materials.


After making the toughest choice of the whole process by choosing the photograph, I always prepare the background and other things that might need any preparations. 
This time I wanted use the Kaisercraft cork sheet (CB152 Cork Sheets 12x12"), and used my Big Shot to cut some frames out of it.
I also covered a white cardstock with a thin layer of clear gesso and let it dry.


While the gesso layer was drying, I mixed white texture paste together with Kaisermist "Peach" (KM107 KAISERmist, Peach) to receive this gorgeous light peach paste. I set the stencil on top of the gessoed area and carefully added a layer of the paste through Kaisercraft stencil (IT912 12x12 Designer Template Feathers).


As the paste takes quite long time to dry, I had good time to choose the papers I wanted to use.
Lots of peachy tones, and some teal green too. I wanted to add the blues in little spots to keep the result light and airy.


I cut the papers and created a paper cluster with my favorite paper layering technique - adding paper behind another and using stapler to adhere them.
I added the die-cut frames between the layers and chose some fabulous ephemera (Boho Dream collectables CT858) from the same collection to embellish the layout.


Once I had everything set and glued, I covered the picture with some scraps and added mist drops all over. It gives a nice details and kind of collect everything together.
Here's the video next, more explanations there. Enjoy! 


Kaisercraft materials: P2108 Boho Dreams paper, Young | P2107 Boho Creams paper, Feathers | P2106 Boho Dreams paper, Dreamcatcher | P2109 Boho Dreams paper, Wild | SS315 Boho Dreams Sticker Sheet | Boho Dream collectables CT858
 | F667 Mini Paper Blooms | CB152 Cork Sheets 12x12" | IT912 12x12 Designer Template Feathers | KM107 KAISERmist, Peach | KM106 KAISERmist, Denim


Thank you so much for stopping by today! Keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck!

You May Also Like

11 kommenttia

  1. I love this! And your dog is the sweetest thing! Good luck on the team search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how divine Tehri! Loving you're layout and ur poochie! Goodluck , but I dont think you will need it - simply stunning! !!! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful application! Good luck dear friend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. best of luck , your layout is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout. Love your work. Good luck in the final :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Järkyttävän hyvä combo jälleen kerran! Sinä se osaat! Ei ehkä mun värit mutta sä saat nämäkin näyttämään niiin mahtavilta yhdessä! Kyllä gurut osaa ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your time to visit my blog and leave a comment is truly appreciated. Thank you!