American Crafts | Willow Pen Box

by - 9/05/2019 11:02:00 AM


Hello my friends!
Have you seen the new line from American Crafts and 1Canoe2 called Willow (link)? I've created some projects with it already and I really love how natural, balancing and beautiful the line is with all its elements.
Instead of using my normal blog post setting of first photos and then the writing, this time I want to hold your hand through the whole post and introduce you to my new secret album.


One product in the Willow collection got my attention very specially. The colourful Pen Set - here's a link to it.
Five very pretty ballpoint pens in a box.
The box is very beautiful alone, but I decided to re-use the box for another idea.
Let me show you.


The box still opens like normally, but instead of pens you will find a set of tags telling a story from our last journey to Spain.


As the Willow collection is so very calming and invites you to breathe and enjoy the moment, I continued with the same theme through the whole album. Actually I'm not sure should I call it an album, or a mini book, photo book or just another way to capture precious memories?


Once you open all the folded pages or covers, you'll find a pile of tags attached to the bottom of the box.
I used several different techniques to knot and braid the threads. And fortunately managed to keep the threads long enough, otherwise flipping through them would have been too hard.


As usual, the threads are not alone. They're embellished with charms. Copper charms are from the Willow line and two others from Pink Paislee. The others has also copper color at least on the back side, so they fit perfectly.


The tags are all different sized and hand cut. I only made sure to keep the width smaller than the width of the box.
First side of each tag has a photograph from our trip. Doors, windows, garage doors, all cool details I saw in Palma De Mallorca. This time I chose not to photograph only people, sights and usual stuff, but also unique details like murals, doors and windows. I believe it will be wonderful to look back to these details in the future.


If you wonder how I attached all the threads, the answer is simple. Glue.
The fussy cut flowers are attached with foam tape to avoid making a bubble to the spot the end of the threads are. Thick glue seems to keep the tags firmly in place.

Some of the tags has hand written journaling on the back side, but most of them are almost empty. I only added some stickers from 1Canoe2 (link) sticker book.


So, what do you think?
Would you like a tutorial or are you into altered items at all?
Let me know all your thoughts, I'd love to read them.

Have a great end of the week,

Terhi xx


Products:
American Crafts - Willow 
356093 Pen Box
356087 Ephemera
356088 Enamel Dots
356089 Charms
356083 Cardstock Stickers
355081 Vellum Sheet 
356070 Patterned Paper Lush
356072 Patterned Paper Ambrose Blooms

You May Also Like

1 kommenttia

  1. Terhi, Your box of memories of your trip to Spain is just lovely, you've got the terrific American Crafts stuff along with your personal memories. I'm always looking to be as personal as possible since my usual recipients are my family, and, well, I've had a heart attack, I'm 68, and there's no time like the present to be handing down meaningful mementos! If you know what I mean. I got to your blog because my 36-year-old son loves the lakes region here in New Hampshire, loves his week at the lake with his friends, so I've been drawn to 1Canoe2 for camp-like, non-girly paper, in order to make him something that he will love, from his mother, that he can use or at least display without embarrassment, that is reminiscent of his treasured time at the lake. Your keepsake box is just so cool, with the front panel that opens down, and the tags anchored to the bottom of the box, behind the flower panel. I seem to love to make detailed, time-consuming, crazy things like this, too! I love how your tags are photos of favorite images from your trip to Spain. My version would be a trip to Orvieto, Italy, where our son joined us for a week, and it was memorable, just the fact that we actually did it, not to mention the pleasure of walking the old streets and running out for early morning pastry and dining together at night. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that you've given me inspiration as to a way to produce a meaningful present for him, what you did is beautiful and personal, am I repeating myself?, I could feel your investment of yourself in this project. Thanks for sharing what you did. -- Louise

    ReplyDelete

Your time to visit my blog and leave a comment is truly appreciated. Thank you!